Wednesday 18 January 2012

The "my brain will not go to mush" challenge

What's this?

Yes its a bike. Tricky hey?

Arran's bike to be exact. He is leaving today to fly to NZ to ride it for 8 days as part of the Great Southern Brevet. Because he is insane. I am not insane. Yet. And I am not looking forward to spending the next 8 days looking after two small boys on my own. I know lots of women look after their children by themselves day in and day out and survive. I'm just not one of those women who aspires to do so. I'm just not that kind of mummy. Already I have had moments on maternity leave where I feel that my brain has gone to mush and I'm a bit worried that the mush is going to leak out my ears during the next 8 days. I do regard myself as an independant woman however there are many things that I prefer to have some help with. I don't really get a kick out of:
  - Breastfeeding one child while trying to get dinner into the other using various trains "going into the tunnel" games.
  - Bathing one child while the other screams
  - Reading a story to one child while the other screams
  - Breastfeeding one child at 4.30am, then putting other child on toilet at 5.30am, then breastfeeding at 6.30am and then getting a bottle for the other at 7am. I am not a morning person.

These are activities which can be much more pleasant with an extra pair of hands!
In an effort to stem the flow of mush, not go completely insane and have a purpose beyond looking after two small boys, I'm setting myself a challenge. Have you noticed there are lots of challenges going on at the moment? There is the "I quit sugar" challenge, and the "Febfast" challenge, the #janphotoaday challenge on twitter and one of my favourite bloggers Danimezza is posting a photo of her breakfast on instagram every day to help her reach her goal of eating breakfast. Challenges are hip. Challenges are cool. I wanna be hip and cool!

For the next 8 days I'm going to do a blog post every day. With photos and everything. Just like a professional blogger. Except that professional bloggers get sent free stuff and are invited to cool events. It's my goal for the next 8 days beyond ensuring that small boys are fed, watered and entertained adequately. Lets hope I have something interesting to say. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment